Time Zone Scheduling
Time Zone Scheduling allows you to force your schedule to call between the scheduled times within each Time Zone. This feature is ENABLED or DISABLED during campaign creation or when updating an existing campaign from the Campaigns Dashboard. Below is a screenshot highlighting where you can make this change.
How Time Zone Scheduling Works
When you have Time Zone Scheduling ENABLED, the schedule will run according to the following Time Zones:
- Atlantic Time Zone (UTC-04:00)
- Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00)
- Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00)
- Mountain Time Zone (UTC-07:00)
- Pacific Time Zone (UTC-08:00)
- Alaska Time Zone (UTC-09:00)
- Hawaii Time Zone (UTC-10:00)
This means a 1 hour schedule from 3pm-4pm could technically keep the dialer running for 7 hours if all time zones were loaded with enough data. The reason is because at 3pm Atlantic Time, the dialer would start to run. The Atlantic Time Zone would finish and then the Eastern Time Zone would kick in for its 3-4pm schedule, and so on.
If you are doing international dialing outside the US Territories and Canada, you should set Time Zone Detection to DISABLED because data without a Time Zone Designation will not process through the dialer when Time Zone Detection is ENABLED.
When you have Time Zone Scheduling DISABLED, the schedule will run according to the Pacific Time Zone.
- Use extreme caution when planning your scheduling strategy. If you are going to use the same schedule on multiple campaigns, you should be careful if you are toggling Time Zone Scheduling to ENABLED or DISABLED.
- Use special names for your schedules so you can identify which ones are meant for Time Zone Detection and which ones are not.
- The safest way to schedule would be to set Time Zone Scheduling to ENABLED for all campaigns AND set your schedules explicitly for the times you wish to run.
- Be careful when Time Zone Scheduling is DISABLED. Programming your schedule from 9AM-9PM without setting Time Zone Scheduling to ENABLED would cause Eastern Time Zone phone numbers to dial until midnight.
- Customers using Live Transfer campaigns should be careful when relying on the schedule to start and stop automatically with Time Zone Scheduling ENABLED. Lets assume a customer wants to take calls on his Time Zone from 9am-1pm. With Time Zone Scheduling ENABLED, the schedule can run longer than 4 hours due to the Time Zones each having a 4 hour schedule.